Do you or someone you love suffer from “flat surface syndrome”? This condition, ranging from mild to chronic, causes the sufferer to fill up all the flat surfaces in their home with stuff. While cleaning and organising can help, there really is only one sure-fire way to treat this syndrome. Create more flat surfaces with these DIY shelves!
This collection of DIY shelves offer you some wonderful ideas for creating more “flat surfaces” in your home on which to put your stuff. Some of these ideas are so creative, you’ll be tempted to make them even if you don’t need any shelves. After all, you’ll find a use for those shelves. You know you will.
I included a range of designs to fit nearly any decor, and each of these would be a fun DIY project to work on with someone else. That way, you can create more flat surfaces in your home and have a great story to go along with it!
Great Ideas For DIY Shelves
George Carlin said that everyone needs a place for their stuff. Check out the following links to find the perfect “place” for you!
1. DIY Honeycomb Shelves – A Beautiful Mess
2. DIY Door Shelf – Craftaholics Anonymous
3. Dining Room DIY Wall Shelves – Artsy Chicks Rule
4. Faux Galvanized Pipe Bookshelf – A Joyful Riot
5. Easy DIY Turnbuckle Shelves – LollyJane
6. DIY Space Saver Bookshelf – Yellow Bliss Road
7. Floating Corner Shelves – A Beautiful Mess
8. DIY Ladder Shelf – Making it in the Mountains
9. Floating Shelves – Simply Designing
10. Mini Copper Pipe Shelves – Delineate Your Dwelling
11. DIY Over the Stove Shelf – Over the Big Moon
12. DIY Wood Bookshelf – The Merry Thought
13. Industrial Pipe Shelves – Cherished Bliss
14. DIY Faux Hanging Rope Bookshelves – A Joyful Riot
15. Farmhouse Shelves – Lolly Jane
Have fun & do some home improvements with these top ideas.