Is there anything better than the smell of fresh baked cookies in your home? Of course there is – getting to taste them! If you are looking for gluten free cookies and a budget friendly recipe then I have you covered with this gluten free cookies recipe.
No matter what your reason for avoiding gluten these oat gluten free cookies and delicious and healthy.
This recipe makes 18 cookies but I make no promises of 18 cookies making it through the process – I won’t tell anyone if you sneak a cookie if you don’t.
Gluten Free Oat Cookies
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 6 tsbp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, gluten free flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk to mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, peanut butter, applesauce, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon cookies onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten each cookie with a fork.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then
transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Are oats gluten free?
Oats are extremely budget friendly and are a highly nutritious grain. They are popular for breakfast or as an ingredient in baking, but are oats gluten free?
Pure oats don’t contain gluten, however most of the brands on offer today aren’t pure, and they may have been cross-contaminated with wheat or other ingredients containing gluten. If you are looking to avoid gluten then look for oats labelled as gluten free.
If you like this then you might also love this gluten free cornflake tart.