Halloween is almost here, and I am loving all of the Halloween food ideas for kids. And let’s face it…grown up kids too! We love getting in on the spooky action and themed food has to be my favourite. These Halloween quesadillas are easy to make, child-friendly and taste delicious.
Tortilla wraps are a great staple in our house – we use them to make wrap pizzas, quesadillas, fajitas, wraps and even tortilla chips.
They are really cheap to buy and have so many uses!
Of all the things you can make with wraps, quesadillas are by far my favourite. Melted gooey cheese and the chance to fill them with whatever you have in the fridge means they are a regular in the Drew household.
These Halloween quesadillas are a twist on a favourite, and need just 3 ingredients to make them – you can of course fill them with other fillings.
- 5 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Using a bat cookie cutter and gravestone cookie cutter cut out shapes from the tortillas.If you don't have a cookie cutter you can make a stencil using cardboard
- In a frying pan or skillet, brush with olive oil.
- Add cut out flour tortillas to the pan then top with cheese.
- Set to low heat. Add the flour quesadillas tops.
- Cook for two to three minutes each side till it's lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
Looking for bat shaped cookie cutters? You can get a whole selection of Halloween cookie cutters from Amazon.
You can experiment with your quesadillas fillings – simply cook your fillings beforehand and put them into your wraps. You can use vegetables, meats or even lentils. A little goes a long way, so you won’t need to use too much. My favourite is onion, chicken and sweetcorn.