Do you love cheesecake? Maybe you love the taste but don’t like the sugar and calories? We’ve got a great recipe for you to enjoy your favourite treat guilt free. Try our healthy cheesecake recipe.
How Is It A Healthy Cheesecake Recipe?
There are lots of cheesecake recipes out there which have far too much sugar in them. We want to make a healthy cheesecake recipe. It should melt in your mouth, not be overpowered by the sugar content. It’s called cheesecake for a reason, let’s focus on the cheese and switch out most of the sugar for other things and alternatives.
Ingredients You Need
- 700g cream cheese
- 250g yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 75g honey
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 125g finely ground digestive biscuit crumbs
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 85g butter, melted
How To Make It
- Crush your digestive biscuits into crumbs and mix with the melted butter
- Press it into the base of a greased and lined 9 inch pan spring form pan and place in your fridge for an hour
- Take your cream cheese out the fridge so it can raise to room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Place a pan of water on the lowest shelf of the of the oven
- Beat together all the ingredients until smooth, using a blender or hand blender
- Pour on top of the digestive biscuit base, smooth over and place in the oven
- Bake for half an hour
- Turn the oven off, leaving the pan in the oven for another five minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for half an hour
- Place in the fridge for 6 hours until it firms up
- Top with whatever you fancy – mixed fruit or even chocolate
- Serve, enjoy and eat
Healthier But Full Of Taste
It’s a great alternative to a lot of other recipes out there. Healthier but still full of taste! Try different toppings for a change on the recipe each time you make it. For instance, blueberries are simple but delicious! Try our healthy cheesecake recipe today and share it with your friends too!