Are you missing fast food? Maybe you are craving a McDonald’s milkshake? Or Whooper from Burger King? How about the legendary KFC gravy? It’s one of the best loved things from the colonel of chicken but even if your local KFC is closed, you can now make it at home!
What’s The Big Deal About KFC Gravy?
Loads of people think that KFC gravy is completely delicious. The lockdown of the UK due to the global pandemic meant that a lot of franchised restaurants closed their doors as a was to stop the virus spreading. Whilst some of them are reopening with social distancing in place, they aren’t opening everywhere and they will only have a limited so people will still likely be missing on on fulfilling that craving for KFC gravy. So how can you make it at home?
What You Need For This Recipe
There are only seven ingredients you need for this homemade KFC gravy recipe. A lot of these you’ll likely have in your pantry or store cupboard too.
- 5 tbsp flour
- 5 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 cups of water
You can also add ¼ tsp of sage should you wish but this is optional. If you don’t have it, don’t worry.
How Do You Make It?
- Boil your water
- Stir in your stock cubes until they’ve dissolved
- Put the butter in a saucepan over a low heat
- Stir until it’s melted
- Add in the flour, garlic powder and black pepper, continuously stirring
- (this is also where you add the sage if you’re choosing to do so)
- Cook this mixture until it turns golden brown in colour
- Add the stock to the mixing, whisking to stop lumps
- Then turn the heat up slightly and cook until it’s the thickness of gravy
Dip & Enjoy
All you need now is some chicken and chips to dip into your delicious homemade KFC gravy. Finger lickin’ good!