Hands up who loves rice krispie treats? They are a firm favourite in our house, so I am excited to share these Halloween rice krispie treats with you. They are shaped like pumpkins and orange – what is there not to love?
These Halloween rice krispie treats are easy to make and go down a treat whether you are serving them as a snack at home, or taking them to a party. They look great but are actually pretty easy to make, which is always a winner in my book.
I know pumpkins aren’t exclusively for Halloween, so you could even make these well into November for a nice autumnal treat.
Speaking of Autumn, does anyone else love the season? Jumpers and cardigans, crunchy leaves, candles lit and lots of snuggling up with blankets. Perfection!
Pumpkin Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter, cut into chunks
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Ice cream scoop
- 20 Mini Pretzel Sticks
- 20 Icing leaves
- Orange Gel Food Coloring
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper.
- Add the mini marshmallows and butter to a large saucepan and heat on low/medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture is about half melted add in several drops of the orange food coloring and stir to combine.
- Fold in the Rice Krispie cereal until they are completely coated.
- Let the Rice Krispie mixture set for a few minutes to cool off AND thicken - if you try rolling into balls immediately, they will not stick.
- Use the ice cream scoop to scoop the Rice Krispie mixture into 2" scoops and place on the prepared the baking sheet.
- Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray and gently roll the Rice Krispies into balls using your hands and place back on the baking sheet.
- Let them set a few minutes and gently press a small pretzel stick into the top for the stem and give each pumpkin a decorative leaf.
- Repeat with all pumpkins.
Storing these Halloween rice krispie treats
If you need to store these pumpkin rice krispie treats because you have somehow not eaten them all at once (they are SO moreish!) then store them in an airtight container.
Looking for more budget friendly Halloween activities and recipes? I’ve got an entire Halloween section for you. You should also consider making some pumpkin spiced muffins.