Spring into action this Easter and get baking in the kitchen. Some people love hot cross buns. Others prefer Easter inspired cookies and biscuits. How about dazzling your friends and family with some bright and bold Easter cupcakes? There are so many ways to bring your creations to life and give them an Easter twist. Keep reading for the awesomely simple recipe and loads of ideas about how you can decorate them.
The Easter Cupcakes Recipe
For this recipe we’re using cups. You can find the gram equivalent here should you wish.
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. whole milk
How To Make
- Heat your oven to 180°C. Grab your 12 section muffin pan and pop in some paper wrappers.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour with the salt and the baking powder.
- In another bowl use your electric mixer to beat together the sugar and butter. Use a medium to high speed and it should take about 2.5-3 minutes to become light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to add your eggs one at a time. Then add the vanilla extract.
- Reduce your mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture. Do a quarter of it at a time, alternating with milk, until it’s all mixed together.
- Spoon into the paper wrappers, ensuring an even divide of mixture amongst the 12 sections. Bake for about 20 minutes, until an inserted pick comes out clean. Once done, remove from the pan and let cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, we can now decorate!
There are many Easter inspired ideas that you can use to decorate your cupcakes. How about taking inspiration from Spring time flowers? Swirl some decadent buttercream frosting on top of your cupcake and finish with fondant flowers which are easy to make. You can even get the kids involved! A classic for Easter is to use mini eggs to create birds nests on the tops of your cupcakes. With such a range of mini eggs now on the market, you can pick and choose your toppings. Use chocolate and mini marshmallows to create sheep on top of your Easter cupcakes or make intricate butterflies from sweets and candy. You could just pipe a load of tasty buttercream on top and then stick in an Easter treat on the top, like a Lindt chocolate bunny or a Creme egg. Sounds rich and delicious!
Mouthwatering & Perfect For Instagram
These sweet treats and their range of pastel colours, unique decoration ideas and beautiful appearances are perfect for snapping and sharing online. They’re even better to devour with a pot of tea with a loved one or to place on beautiful vintage plates when you’re having a mini get together with mates. Get baking your Easter cupcakes and spread some Spring time love this season.